Friday 6 April 2012

HOT CROSS BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING


So, imagine you've made your hot cross buns and you actually have some left over, this is a twist on bread and butter pudding which is great for using them up.  The hot cross buns and custard already have enough fruit and sugar which means you don't have to add any more. It's really quick to throw together and I have to confess to having this for breakfast but don't tell anyone x

6 Hot Cross Buns
Butter to Spread
2 Eggs
200ml Milk
250g Ready Made Custard
2 tbsp Demerara Sugar

Split the hot cross buns and butter both sides.  Place the bottoms in a buttered baking dish.  Combine the custard with the eggs and milk and pour over half.  Now add the tops and pour over the remaining custard mixture.



Leave to stand for 20 minutes allowing the custard to soak into the bread.  Sprinkle over the sugar and bake at 160C for 30 minutes till the custard has set.

HAPPY EASTER XX




4 comments:

  1. I've had a real craze for bread & butter pudding lately and LOVE this idea! I may have to try it with my left over buns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this idea is decadent but simple. I may just love you even more for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know I made one of these with my left over hot cross buns and it was marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me Know Sarah, so glad it went down well x

    ReplyDelete