Tuesday 15 November 2011

SEW EASY



A couple of summers ago I managed to retrieve an old deck chair from the dump which I re-covered with rather more vibrant fabric.  I still liked the stripy canvas that came with it though and made a satchel style bag with it.  Unfortunately, as the fabric was old to start with, it has become a little worn and I'm now loosing small items from it on a regular basis - there's only so much patching you can do.

Luckily my dear friend Emma bought me the Cath Kidston 'Sew' book for a birthday present and I've finally got around to making the bag that comes with it.  It's such a great book that comes with loads of projects to do along with all the patterns and templates you might need.



Now I just need to get some new stripy fabric, adapt the pattern slightly and I'll be away.  I can see a few people getting these as christmas presents this year!

10 comments:

  1. This is lovely, slight sew envy :-) I am so rubbish when it comes to sewing, I dream but never achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, this is so easy. I can't read a pattern and managed this. She's got other books too that I can see going on my christmas list! There's a new one on patchwork and one on cross stitch, both with kits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my wife's pressie sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've done an amazing job, its gorgeous! You've inspired me to Carry on Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good. Get some christmas presents made! It's crochet next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made that bag - I loved it so so much but then I lost it on the bus:(
    I love that particular Cath Kidston book, lots of lovely projects in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, what a shame, but at least you have the pattern and can make another. It is a lovely book isn't it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cross stitch book is my favourite, you should definitely get it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's on my list but I've not done cross stitch yet.

    ReplyDelete