Wednesday 30 November 2011

COURSES END FOR 2011


I've been having a great time the last couple of months teaching things that I love.  I was asked to teach a four week course in beginners cake decorating at Neston Youth & Community Centre.   I met 12 great people who by the end of the course new the basics in using fondant, frosting, icing and sugar.  We piped, flooded, feathered, crystalised, coloured, and stamped.  They went away with some new ideas, hints and tips and  enough confidence to do it all again at home.

That was followed with four weeks of cooking for Christmas where I was joined by some ladies from the cake decorating and some new faces.  We had a week of canapes & nibbles, then christmas dinner for meat eaters and veggies.  Next was puddings and we finished off with edible gifts.  It was a great way to kick off the up coming festivities and I now have most of my christmas dinner prepared and in the freezer so it's done me a huge favour 

I really loved spending time with people that have the same interest and enthusiasm for home cooking, baking, and eating - there was a lot of sampling!  We all swapped ideas and learned new things, including me.  Now I can't wait to carry on next year with more classes. 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully we all did. Are you enjoying teaching too?

    ReplyDelete