Monday 10 October 2011

GLUTEN FREE COCONUT & COFFEE CAKES


 I've been making these gluten free coffee cakes and coconut cakes for Dafna's Cheescake Factory in Liverpool for a while now and they've proved to be a hit.  Gluten free cakes can be a little dry I think but I've used potato and sweet potato along with rice flour and ground almonds.  Adding vegetables to the mixture makes them soft and light.  Both are topped with buttercream to finish.


Everyone knows I like to save money where I can and these mini cakes were baked in sponge pudding tins, the ones you get in the supermarket and boil in the can.  They're a 4" tin and perfect for a gift size cake.


11 comments:

  1. These look absolutely scrumptious! I would love to try them - did you put the recipe together yourself?? Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending a gluten free recipie! I am newley gluten/ wheat intolerant and missing a lot of my old cakes and biscutes and deffinatly agree GF cakes can be very dry! I'll look forward to trying this one out! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coconut recipe is mine but the coffee one is Harry Eastwood. I found this brilliant book, if you're gluten free you should take a look.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Velvet-Chocolate-Heartache-feel-good/dp/0593062361

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh thank you! I'll check it out :) By the way thought you did really well on the GBBO Loved watching it every week, deffinatly got more cooking ideas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just accidently came to your blog and found out that itis yasmin from Nritish Bake Off I am so happy that you have a blog and I loved watching you in the programme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you liked the programme and are now enjoying my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look absolutely lovely. I do a lot of gluten-free baking too and always on the lookout for new recipes. Thanks for sharing !

    Linda @ Lemon Drop

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look super! You take lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete