Sunday 26 June 2011

Birthday Cup Cakes 'Gluten Free'


I discovered the best book on baking gluten free cakes last summer, 'Red Velvet Chocolate Heartache' by Harry Eastwood.  She uses rice flour, ground almonds and vegetables like swede and butternut squash to substitute wheat flours.

Usually gluten free cakes can be either a bit stodgy and don't rise or just very dry - these are not!  They are beautifully soft and light.

These cup cakes were baked with a little help from my daughter as a birthday gift for my mother-in-law.  Luckily there were a few extra for us.





We baked Cappuccino Cup Cakes with sweet potato and Lavender Cup Cakes with courgette.  Both have a mascarpone frosting.


1 comment:

  1. One of my really good mates can only eat gluten free so I will have to invest in this book. x

    ReplyDelete